Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Library, archive and records management technicians and assistants assist users in accessing library or archive resources, participate in records management, assist in describing new acquisitions, participate in archive processing and storage, and conduct reference searches. They are employed by libraries, archives, records management branches and other establishments with library or archive services.
archive assistant, archive technician, circulation assistant, library assistant, library technician, reference aide, technical indexer – library.
- Assist library users in accessing books, films, photographs, maps, documents, electronic materials and other library materials
- Catalogue new library acquisitions under the direction of a librarian
- Issue for circulation library books and other materials
- Perform manual and on-line reference searches and make interlibrary loans for users
- Assist librarians in giving tours and providing children's and other specialized library programs
- Enter the checkout and return of books and other library materials if necessary.
- Assist in developing inventories, forms and finding aids
- Implement and update classification plans and records scheduling and disposal plans
- Codify and classify archival materials
- Put archival materials on microfilm
- Transfer materials from current to semicurrent status or put into permanent storage
- Purge, sort, reduce and sample archives
- Apply standards and policies for storage of archival materials
- Research and retrieve archival materials
- Participate in instructing and assisting users
- Ensure the use of computerized document systems.
Jobs for Library and Archive Technicians and Assistants in Iqaluit Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Iqaluit Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: