Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who conduct bands and orchestras, compose musical works and arrange instrumental and vocal compositions. They are employed by symphony and chamber orchestras, bands, choirs, sound recording companies, orchestras for ballet and opera performances or they may be self-employed.
arranger, bandmaster, choir director, composer, conductor, lyricist, music adapter, musical director, orchestrator, singer-songwriter-composer, songwriter.
- Conductors select and interpret musical works and lead bands, orchestras and choirs during rehearsals and performances.
- Composers create musical compositions such as television and film scores, theme music, songs, symphonies and music for interactive products such as video games.
- Arrangers adapt and modify musical compositions to convey desired themes and to suit particular instrumental and vocal performances.
Conductors, composers and arrangers usually specialize in a particular type of music such as classical, country, jazz or popular.
Outlook & Prospects for Conductors, Composers and Arrangers in Iqaluit Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Nunavut.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Labour Market Reviews
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Xstrata Zinc and Sabina Gold and Silver are considering restarting the shelved $270M Bathurst road and port project
- Retention numbers among Inuit staff have improved at Meadowbank mine in Nunavut
- TMAC Resources is proceeding with plans to revive Kitikmeot gold mine project near Cambridge Bay
- Due to changing commodity prices, MMG has halted the review process of its proposed Izok mine, so as to change the scope of the project. The original proposal would have created 1140 construction jobs and 710 jobs operating the mine.
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- Date Modified: