Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who conduct bands and orchestras, compose musical works and arrange instrumental and vocal compositions. They are employed by symphony and chamber orchestras, bands, choirs, sound recording companies, orchestras for ballet and opera performances or they may be self-employed.
arranger, bandmaster, choir director, composer, conductor, lyricist, music adapter, musical director, orchestrator, singer-songwriter-composer, songwriter.
- Conductors select and interpret musical works and lead bands, orchestras and choirs during rehearsals and performances.
- Composers create musical compositions such as television and film scores, theme music, songs, symphonies and music for interactive products such as video games.
- Arrangers adapt and modify musical compositions to convey desired themes and to suit particular instrumental and vocal performances.
Conductors, composers and arrangers usually specialize in a particular type of music such as classical, country, jazz or popular.
Outlook & Prospects for Conductors, Composers and Arrangers in Iqaluit Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Nunavut.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Labour Market Reviews
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Ice Wireless has announced the launch of high-speed wireless service for smartphones and tablets in Iqaluit. The company currently has two towers in the city providing 3G connectivity, with the potential for 4G speeds to southern regions.
- Nunavut fishers will have increased opportunities to catch Greenland halibut off the northeast coast of Baffin Island in 2014. The total allowable catch increase of 1,500 tonnes will be awarded entirely to the Nunavummiut.
- Nunavut regulators have approved the Nanasivik Naval Facility near the Arctic bay. Construction will being next year.
- Arviat has been running a local diamond-driller training program through Northern College. Of the 43 graduates since 2011, 60% are currently employed in the field.
- Date Modified: