Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Dental technologists and technicians design, prepare and fabricate dentures and dental devices as prescribed by dentists and other specialists. Dental laboratory bench workers assist dental technologists and technicians in preparing and fabricating dentures and other dental devices. They are employed in dental laboratories. Supervisors of dental technologists and technicians are also included in this unit group.
ceramic denture moulder, dental laboratory bench worker, dental technician, dental technician supervisor, dental technologist, denture finisher, denture wax pattern former, orthodontic band maker, registered dental technician, registered dental technologist.
- Design, fabricate or repair dental devices including full or partial dentures, crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, clasps and bands, and implants
- May consult with dentists or other specialists on problematic dental cases
- May train and supervise other dental technicians or dental laboratory bench workers in fabricating dentures and other dental devices
- May perform supervisory and administrative functions for the dental laboratory.
- Prepare plaster models and moulds from dental impressions
- Prepare wax bite-blocks and impression trays
- Cast gold or metal alloys for bridges and denture bases
- Pack plastic material in moulds to form full or partial dentures
- Mould wax over denture set-up to form full contours of artificial gums
- Make orthodontic bands from gold, silver, stainless steel or other metals
- Finish metal framework of dentures and polish and buff dentures to obtain natural finish.
Wages for Dental Technologists, Technicians and Laboratory Bench Workers in Iqaluit Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: