Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Senior managers in this unit group are usually appointed by a board of directors, to which they report. Working either alone or in conjunction with the board of directors, they develop and establish objectives for the company and develop or approve policies and programs. They plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, the operations of their organization in relation to established objectives.
bank president, chief executive officer (CEO) – telephone company, chief financial officer (CFO) – advertising agency, chief operating officer – engineering firm, executive director, credit union, executive vice-president, real estate agency, general manager, real estate management company, president and chief executive officer, president, advertising agency, president, computing service company, regional vice-president, trust company, vice-president, human resources – bank, vice-president, marketing – clerical staff services, vice-president, operations – satellite communication services.
- Determine the company's mission and strategic direction as conveyed through policies and concrete objectives which are met through the effective management of human, financial and material resources
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall human resources planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff; delegate the necessary authority to them and create optimum working conditions
- Represent the organization or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization in negotiations or other official functions.
Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing or human resources or in a particular service area.
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Financial, Communications and Other Business Services in Iqaluit Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
- Date Modified: