Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Assemblers in this unit group assemble a wide variety of mechanical products such as trucks, buses, snowmobiles, garden tractors, automotive engines, transmissions, outboard motors, gearboxes, hydraulic pumps and sewing machines. Inspectors in this unit group check and inspect subassemblies and finished products to ensure proper quality and product specifications. They are employed by machinery and transportation equipment manufacturers and by other manufacturing companies.
automotive engine assembler, garden machinery assembler, gearbox assembler, gearcase assembler, hydraulic hoist assembler, mechanical assembler, sewing machine assembler, snowmobile assembler, tractor assembler, transmission assembler, truck assembler, truck assembly inspector, truck trailer assembler, vending machine assembler.
- Assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts to form subassemblies or finish products using hand and power tools
- Position, align and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly and connect cables, tubes and wires
- Fasten parts together using bolting and riveting equipment or other fastening and joining techniques
- Operate or tend automated assembling equipment, such as robotics and fixed automation equipment
- Operate small cranes to transport or position larger parts as required.
- Check subassemblies and inspect finished products for proper quality
- Check mechanical assemblies and subassemblies for alignment and proper functioning
- Test and check electrical assemblies and wiring for proper connections
- Perform minor adjustments and repairs.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Outlook & Prospects for Mechanical Assemblers and Inspectors in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Daycare in Peace River is short on spaces and employees
- The City of Grande Prairie is spending $700,000 to upgrade the Muskoseepi Park Pavilion
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Grande Prairie Regional College will host a career expo on April 30
- New Horizon Co-operative will be opening two new gas stations this year
- Grande Prairie Regional College recently laid off 27 employees
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Portage College in Lac La Biche will lay off 15 people. The school will also close its campus in Vegreville and halve the size of the Bonnyville campus.
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Eaglesham school, located 128-km northeast of Grande Prairie, is at risk of losing its senior high grades due to decreasing enrolment
- Construction work on highway 43, between Edmonton and Grande Prairie, to resume in a few weeks
- Date Modified: