Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Assemblers in this unit group assemble a wide variety of mechanical products such as trucks, buses, snowmobiles, garden tractors, automotive engines, transmissions, outboard motors, gearboxes, hydraulic pumps and sewing machines. Inspectors in this unit group check and inspect subassemblies and finished products to ensure proper quality and product specifications. They are employed by machinery and transportation equipment manufacturers and by other manufacturing companies.
automotive engine assembler, garden machinery assembler, gearbox assembler, gearcase assembler, hydraulic hoist assembler, mechanical assembler, sewing machine assembler, snowmobile assembler, tractor assembler, transmission assembler, truck assembler, truck assembly inspector, truck trailer assembler, vending machine assembler.
- Assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts to form subassemblies or finish products using hand and power tools
- Position, align and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly and connect cables, tubes and wires
- Fasten parts together using bolting and riveting equipment or other fastening and joining techniques
- Operate or tend automated assembling equipment, such as robotics and fixed automation equipment
- Operate small cranes to transport or position larger parts as required.
- Check subassemblies and inspect finished products for proper quality
- Check mechanical assemblies and subassemblies for alignment and proper functioning
- Test and check electrical assemblies and wiring for proper connections
- Perform minor adjustments and repairs.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Outlook & Prospects for Mechanical Assemblers and Inspectors in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- The Grande Prairie Primary Care Network is opening two new patient care centres in 2014. The after-hours clinic will open January 2nd, while the chronic pain management clinic will open in late spring.
- ENN Canada Corporation is building a liquefied natural gas (LNG) mobile gas station in Grande Prairie. Construction of the station is set to begin in mid-2014, with operations beginning by the end of the year.
- Royal Dutch Shell is proceeding with its Carmon Creek oil sand development. The project is expected to produce oil for more than 35 years, and employ at least 1,000 local contractors and trades-workers during the peak of construction.
- Le Comté de Grande Prairie a donné un contrat à WestCan Tel Ltd. pour installer les services d'eau municipaux dans certaines communautés de l¿est de la ville de Grande Prairie
- Date Modified: