Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who operate processing machines and who fabricate, assemble and inspect rubber or plastic products. They are employed by rubber and plastic products manufacturing companies and in plastic parts divisions of other manufacturing companies.
foreman/woman, blow moulding, foreman/woman, calendering – rubber and plastic manufacturing, foreman/woman, extruding – rubber and plastic manufacturing, supervisor, injection moulding – plastic products manufacturing, supervisor, plastic products manufacturing, supervisor, rubber products manufacturing, supervisor, tire building.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of production workers who operate processing machines and who fabricate, assemble, finish or inspect plastic or rubber parts and products
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Plastic and Rubber Products Manufacturing in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Daycare in Peace River is short on spaces and employees
- The City of Grande Prairie is spending $700,000 to upgrade the Muskoseepi Park Pavilion
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Grande Prairie Regional College will host a career expo on April 30
- New Horizon Co-operative will be opening two new gas stations this year
- Grande Prairie Regional College recently laid off 27 employees
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Portage College in Lac La Biche will lay off 15 people. The school will also close its campus in Vegreville and halve the size of the Bonnyville campus.
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Eaglesham school, located 128-km northeast of Grande Prairie, is at risk of losing its senior high grades due to decreasing enrolment
- Construction work on highway 43, between Edmonton and Grande Prairie, to resume in a few weeks
- Date Modified: