Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who operate processing machines and who fabricate, assemble and inspect rubber or plastic products. They are employed by rubber and plastic products manufacturing companies and in plastic parts divisions of other manufacturing companies.
foreman/woman, blow moulding, foreman/woman, calendering – rubber and plastic manufacturing, foreman/woman, extruding – rubber and plastic manufacturing, supervisor, injection moulding – plastic products manufacturing, supervisor, plastic products manufacturing, supervisor, rubber products manufacturing, supervisor, tire building.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of production workers who operate processing machines and who fabricate, assemble, finish or inspect plastic or rubber parts and products
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Plastic and Rubber Products Manufacturing in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 11 - Nov 15, 2013
- Royal Dutch Shell is proceeding with its Carmon Creek oil sand development. The project is expected to produce oil for more than 35 years, and employ at least 1,000 local contractors and trades-workers during the peak of construction.
- Le Comté de Grande Prairie a donné un contrat à WestCan Tel Ltd. pour installer les services d'eau municipaux dans certaines communautés de l¿est de la ville de Grande Prairie
- Grande Prairie Regional College is facing a shortage of instructors for its trade programs as course enrolments have increased by 20%
- Date Modified: