Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers engaged in underground and surface mining operations and quarries. They are employed by coal, metal and non-metallic mineral mines and quarries.
fill foreman/woman, foreman/woman, underground mine, level boss, mine captain, mine foreman/woman, shift boss, supervisor, mine, supervisor, quarry, supervisor, surface mine, track boss, yard boss.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who extract coal, minerals and ore; operate underground conveyances; and perform other services in support of underground mining, or of heavy equipment operators, drillers, blasters and other workers in surface mining and quarrying
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments and contractors to resolve problems and co-ordinate activities
- Oversee the safety of the mining or quarrying operation
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Wages for Supervisors, Mining and Quarrying in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||25.38||34.13||53.67|
- Date Modified: