Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Railway and motor transport labourers perform a variety of tasks to assist track maintenance workers and railway yard workers, or motor transport operators. They are employed by railway transport companies and motor transport companies.
car checker, railway, delivery truck helper, furniture mover helper, mover helper, railway labourer, signal gang helper, swamper – truck transport, truck driver helper.
- Transport tools and equipment on push or hand car and perform other duties to assist railway track maintenance workers to lay, maintain and repair railway tracks
- Cut vegetation growth from railway tracks using scythes and mowers
- Check freight cars for physical damage and cleanliness.
- Assist truck and delivery drivers to load and unload vehicles
- Perform labouring duties in warehouses.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Outlook & Prospects for Railway and Motor Transport Labourers in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- The Grande Prairie Primary Care Network is opening two new patient care centres in 2014. The after-hours clinic will open January 2nd, while the chronic pain management clinic will open in late spring.
- ENN Canada Corporation is building a liquefied natural gas (LNG) mobile gas station in Grande Prairie. Construction of the station is set to begin in mid-2014, with operations beginning by the end of the year.
- Royal Dutch Shell is proceeding with its Carmon Creek oil sand development. The project is expected to produce oil for more than 35 years, and employ at least 1,000 local contractors and trades-workers during the peak of construction.
- Le Comté de Grande Prairie a donné un contrat à WestCan Tel Ltd. pour installer les services d'eau municipaux dans certaines communautés de l¿est de la ville de Grande Prairie
- Date Modified: