Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Boat operators operate small boats or crafts to transport passengers or freight, or perform other duties. They are employed by marine companies that provide sightseeing tours or water taxi services and by canal, port and harbour authorities.
charter boat operator, launch master, motor boat operator, scow captain, sightseeing boat operator, small craft operator, water taxi operator.
- Operate motorboats, launches, small ferry boats and other similar vessels to transport passengers or freight
- Maintain boats and equipment on board, such as engines, winches, derricks, fire extinguishers and life preservers
- May perform other duties, such as checking for oil spills or other pollutants around ports and harbours, patrolling beaches and measuring depth of water.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Outlook & Prospects for Boat Operators in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Daycare in Peace River is short on spaces and employees
- The City of Grande Prairie is spending $700,000 to upgrade the Muskoseepi Park Pavilion
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Grande Prairie Regional College will host a career expo on April 30
- New Horizon Co-operative will be opening two new gas stations this year
- Grande Prairie Regional College recently laid off 27 employees
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Portage College in Lac La Biche will lay off 15 people. The school will also close its campus in Vegreville and halve the size of the Bonnyville campus.
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Eaglesham school, located 128-km northeast of Grande Prairie, is at risk of losing its senior high grades due to decreasing enrolment
- Construction work on highway 43, between Edmonton and Grande Prairie, to resume in a few weeks
- Date Modified: