Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Cabinetmakers use a variety of woods and laminates to construct and repair wooden cabinets, furniture, fixtures and related products. They are employed by furniture manufacturing or repair companies, construction companies and cabinetmaking contractors, or they may be self-employed.
cabinetmaker, cabinetmaker apprentice, custom wood furniture maker, furniture cabinetmaker.
- Study plans, specifications or drawings of articles to be made, or prepare specifications
- Mark outlines or dimensions of parts on wood
- Operate woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, mortisers and shapers, and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components
- Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit using glue and clamps and reinforce joints using nails, screws or other fasteners
- Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products
- Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products
- May estimate amount, type and cost of materials required.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Outlook & Prospects for Cabinetmakers in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- Birchcliff Energy Ltd. is increasing it's exploration and development budget for northwestern Alberta to $247M in response to higher natural gas prices
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Daycare in Peace River is short on spaces and employees
- The City of Grande Prairie is spending $700,000 to upgrade the Muskoseepi Park Pavilion
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Grande Prairie Regional College will host a career expo on April 30
- New Horizon Co-operative will be opening two new gas stations this year
- Grande Prairie Regional College recently laid off 27 employees
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Portage College in Lac La Biche will lay off 15 people. The school will also close its campus in Vegreville and halve the size of the Bonnyville campus.
- Date Modified: