Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes plumbing and other pipefitting trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: <i>Plumbers</i> (7251), <i>Steamfitters, Pipefitters and Sprinkler System Installers</i> (7252) and <i>Gas Fitters</i> (7253). They are employed by construction companies, mechanical, plumbing and pipefitting trade contractors and maintenance departments of industrial, commercial and manufacturing establishments.
contractor, pipefitting, contractor, plumbing, foreman/woman, gas fitters, foreman/woman, pipefitters, foreman/woman, plumbers, foreman/woman, sprinkler system installers, foreman/woman, steamfitters, supervisor, gas fitters, supervisor, plumbers, supervisor, steamfitters.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who install, repair and maintain piping systems used for the transmission of steam, heat, water, oil and other liquids and gases in residential, commercial, industrial and other installations
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare schedules and other reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Outlook & Prospects for Contractors and Supervisors, Pipefitting Trades in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- Birchcliff Energy Ltd. is increasing it's exploration and development budget for northwestern Alberta to $247M in response to higher natural gas prices
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Daycare in Peace River is short on spaces and employees
- The City of Grande Prairie is spending $700,000 to upgrade the Muskoseepi Park Pavilion
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Grande Prairie Regional College will host a career expo on April 30
- New Horizon Co-operative will be opening two new gas stations this year
- Grande Prairie Regional College recently laid off 27 employees
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Portage College in Lac La Biche will lay off 15 people. The school will also close its campus in Vegreville and halve the size of the Bonnyville campus.
- Date Modified: