Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes elemental occupations, not elsewhere classified, primarily concerned with the provision of services. Those in occupations in this unit group are employed by a wide range of retail service and other establishments, and may be self-employed.
beauty salon attendant, car jockey, cloakroom attendant, door attendant (except hotel), funeral home attendant, fur storage attendant, hotel valet, laundromat attendant, parking lot attendant, shoe shiner, tanning salon attendant, ticket taker, toll booth attendant.
- Beauty salon attendants shampoo, condition and dry customers' hair, assist hair stylists as directed and keep work areas clean.
- Door attendants assist persons entering or leaving residential buildings, theatres and similar establishments and may hail taxis and assist with parcels.
- Funeral home attendants drive hearses, arrange lights and floral displays, escort mourners, act as pallbearers and clean funeral parlours and chapels.
- Laundromat attendants replenish vending machines, provide change, explain operation of machines to customers, clean the laundromat and arrange for the repair of broken machines and may wash, dry and fold laundry for customers; may operate dry cleaning machines for customers.
- Parking lot attendants and car jockeys collect parking fees, issue ticket stubs, direct customers to parking spaces and park cars.
- Ticket takers and ushers collect admission tickets or passes from patrons at entertainment events and direct patrons to their seats.
- Other related elemental workers in this group perform services specific to the establishments in which their occupations are found.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Outlook & Prospects for Other Elemental Service Occupations in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Aug 06 – Aug 10, 2012
- Date Modified: