Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who carry hotel guests' luggage and escort guests to their rooms, carry travellers' luggage at airports, in railway stations and aboard ships, and clean and maintain public areas and passengers' rooms aboard ships and trains. They are employed by airports, hotels, railway companies and water transport companies.
baggage porter, bellhop, doorkeeper, hotel, guest services attendant, hotel, luggage attendant, passenger attendant, cruise line, passenger attendant, ship, porter, redcap, train service attendant.
- Guest service attendants carry luggage for hotel guests, escort incoming guests to their rooms, check rooms to ensure they are in order, offer information regarding features of rooms, services of hotel and points of interest, assist guests with special needs, attend to group arrivals and departures, receive and deliver items and messages for guests, handle guest complaints and requests, and maintain luggage storage areas.
- Baggage porters convey travellers' luggage at railway stations and airports by hand or hand truck and arrange for ground transportation.
- Ship attendants serve food and beverages, clean cabins, make beds, wash dishes and carry luggage for passengers aboard ships.
- Train service attendants set and clear tables in dining cars, clean sleeping cars, maintain washroom supplies and assist passengers as required.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Outlook & Prospects for Other Attendants in Accommodation and Travel in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Daycare in Peace River is short on spaces and employees
- The City of Grande Prairie is spending $700,000 to upgrade the Muskoseepi Park Pavilion
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Grande Prairie Regional College will host a career expo on April 30
- New Horizon Co-operative will be opening two new gas stations this year
- Grande Prairie Regional College recently laid off 27 employees
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Portage College in Lac La Biche will lay off 15 people. The school will also close its campus in Vegreville and halve the size of the Bonnyville campus.
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Eaglesham school, located 128-km northeast of Grande Prairie, is at risk of losing its senior high grades due to decreasing enrolment
- Construction work on highway 43, between Edmonton and Grande Prairie, to resume in a few weeks
- Date Modified: