Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Cashiers operate cash registers, optical price scanners, computers or other equipment to record and accept payment for the purchase of goods, services and admissions. They are employed in stores, restaurants, theatres, recreational and sports establishments, currency exchange booths, government offices, business offices and other service, retail and wholesale establishments.
box office cashier, cafeteria cashier, grocery store cashier, office cashier, racetrack cashier, self-serve gas bar cashier, theatre cashier.
- Greet customers
- Establish or identify price of goods, services or admission and tabulate total payment required using electronic or other cash register, optical price scanner or other equipment
- Weigh produce and bulk foods
- Receive and process payments by cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit
- Wrap or place merchandise in bags
- Provide information to customers
- Assist sports spectators and theatre patrons with seat selection
- Calculate foreign currency exchange
- Calculate total payments received at end of work shift and reconcile with total sales
- May accept reservations and take-out orders
- May also stock shelves and clean check-out counter area.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Outlook & Prospects for Cashiers in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||2011-05-16|
Employment prospects for cashiers are fair. Cashiers are a large occupation group and the majority of openings are due to employee turnover. The occupation offers good opportunity for entry level employment. Part-time employment is common in this occupation.
The occupation is termed "significant" due to the relatively high concentration of people working in this occupation within this geographic area.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
Week of Nov 19 – Nov 23, 2012
Week of Aug 06 – Aug 10, 2012
- Date Modified: