Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes instructors who teach applied arts, academic, technical and vocational subjects to students at community colleges, CEGEPs, agricultural colleges, technical and vocational institutes, language schools and other college level schools. This unit group also includes trainers who are employed by private training establishments, companies, community agencies and governments to deliver internal training or development courses. College teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group.
CEGEP teacher, college teacher, commercial art instructor, community college teacher, company trainer, computer training instructor, department chairperson – college, department head – CEGEP, firefighting instructor, language school instructor, teacher – institute of technology, teacher, legal assistant program, training officer – company, vocational institute teacher.
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, shop sessions, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects
- Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
- Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress
- Advise students on program curricula and career decisions
- Provide individualized tutorial/remedial instructions
- Supervise independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work or hands-on training
- Supervise teaching assistants
- May provide consultation services to government, business and other organizations
- May serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements.
These instructors specialize in particular fields or areas of study such as visual arts, dental hygiene, welding, engineering technology, policing, computer software, management and early childhood education.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Outlook & Prospects for College and Other Vocational Instructors in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||2010-05-18|
Currently the chances of qualified College and Other Vocational Instructors finding employment are considered to be fair.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Grande Prairie Regional College will host a career expo on April 30
- Grande Prairie Regional College recently laid off 27 employees
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Portage College in Lac La Biche will lay off 15 people. The school will also close its campus in Vegreville and halve the size of the Bonnyville campus.
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Eaglesham school, located 128-km northeast of Grande Prairie, is at risk of losing its senior high grades due to decreasing enrolment
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- Athabasca University has laid off 44 employees, citing a budget shortfall as the reason. Half the cuts affect positions in Athabasca, and the other half are in Edmonton. Facility, academic, management and support positions are affected.
- Date Modified: