Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Non-destructive testers and inspectors operate radiographic, ultrasonic, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, eddy current and similar testing equipment to detect discontinuities in objects of various compositions and materials. They are employed by quality control, maintenance and safety departments of manufacturing, processing, transportation, energy and other companies and by private industrial inspection establishments.
NDT (non-destructive testing) maintenance technician, acoustic emission technician, aircraft non-destructive inspection technician, eddy current technician, industrial radiographer, infrared thermographer, liquid penetrant inspector, magnetic particle inspector, non-destructive inspector, non-destructive tester, pressure vessel tester, radiographic technician – non-destructive testing, ultrasonic inspector, visual inspector – welding, weld inspector.
- Set up and calibrate non-destructive testing equipment
- Conduct tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) using ultrasonic, radiographic, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, eddy current and other non-destructive testing methods
- Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations
- Interpret radiographs, cathode ray tube (CRT) or digital readouts, conductivity meters and visual indicators
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results
- Organize and report test results
- May perform specialized inspections using acoustic emission, vibration analysis, infrared thermography and laser shearography testing methods
- May instruct and supervise trainees.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Jobs for Non-Destructive Testers and Inspectors in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
2 jobsAthabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region Local
28 jobsAlberta Provincial
49 jobsCanada National
There are 2 job postings in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-05-16||Weld inspector (CWB level 1 (employee/subcontractor))||Propipe Group||
|2013-05-13||Pressure tank tester (Oilfield Locations)||Cantest Solutions Inc.||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: