Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Storekeepers and parts clerks sort, store and issue parts and supplies for use by the establishment in which they work and for sale to the public. They are employed by manufacturing companies, warehouses, retail and wholesale establishments, mining, forestry and construction companies, repair shops, hospitals and other establishments, and the armed forces.
ammunition storekeeper, automotive partsperson – retail, material keeper, medical supply clerk, motor vehicle parts clerk, parts clerk, parts supplier, partsperson, ship storeman/woman, storekeeper, tool room attendant.
- Receive and sort incoming parts and supplies
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in a warehouse, tool room, supply room or other area
- Process incoming requisitions and issue or distribute parts and supplies for internal usage
- Maintain records of orders and the amount, kind and location of parts and supplies on hand using manual or computerized inventory system
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish parts and supplies
- Sell spare and replacement parts for motor vehicles, machinery and equipment in a retail setting
- Advise retail customers or internal users on appropriateness of parts, supplies or materials requested.
Parts clerks may specialize in a particular line of parts such as automotive parts, recreational vehicle parts, marine parts, heavy equipment parts, agricultural machinery parts, heating, ventilating and air conditioning parts or refrigeration parts.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Outlook & Prospects for Storekeepers and Parts Clerks in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||<Not assigned>||2012-07-17|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Daycare in Peace River is short on spaces and employees
- The City of Grande Prairie is spending $700,000 to upgrade the Muskoseepi Park Pavilion
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Grande Prairie Regional College will host a career expo on April 30
- New Horizon Co-operative will be opening two new gas stations this year
- Grande Prairie Regional College recently laid off 27 employees
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Portage College in Lac La Biche will lay off 15 people. The school will also close its campus in Vegreville and halve the size of the Bonnyville campus.
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Eaglesham school, located 128-km northeast of Grande Prairie, is at risk of losing its senior high grades due to decreasing enrolment
- Construction work on highway 43, between Edmonton and Grande Prairie, to resume in a few weeks
- Date Modified: