Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who perform support functions in courts of law, such as calling court to order, preparing court dockets and maintaining exhibits. Court clerks are employed by federal and provincial courts.
court clerk, court clerk-crier, criminal court clerk, judicial clerk, provincial court clerk.
- Call courts of law to order; read charges; take pleas from defendants; swear in witnesses and perform other clerical functions in the courtrooms
- Prepare court files, court dockets and other documents
- Record main court proceedings, including pleas, names of witnesses, dates, times and rulings
- Manage care and custody of court exhibits
- Prepare documents for and participate in jury selection
- Update and maintain court office paper and electronic indexes and files on actions taken by court or in response to court decisions
- Receive, disburse and account for fines, fees and trust monies
- Assist the public in court offices.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Outlook & Prospects for Court Clerks in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- Birchcliff Energy Ltd. is increasing it's exploration and development budget for northwestern Alberta to $247M in response to higher natural gas prices
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Daycare in Peace River is short on spaces and employees
- The City of Grande Prairie is spending $700,000 to upgrade the Muskoseepi Park Pavilion
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Grande Prairie Regional College will host a career expo on April 30
- New Horizon Co-operative will be opening two new gas stations this year
- Grande Prairie Regional College recently laid off 27 employees
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Portage College in Lac La Biche will lay off 15 people. The school will also close its campus in Vegreville and halve the size of the Bonnyville campus.
- Date Modified: