Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Administrative clerks compile, verify, record and process forms and documents, such as applications, licences, permits, contracts, registrations and requisitions, in accordance with established procedures, guidelines and schedules. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
administrative clerk, application clerk, authorization clerk, by-law clerk, customs clerk, documentation clerk, import clerk, licence clerk, office administration clerk, passport clerk, registration clerk, registry clerk, ward clerk – hospital, warranty clerk.
- Compile, verify, record and process applications, licences, permits, contracts, registrations, requisitions, and other forms and documents in accordance with established procedures and schedules, using computerized and manual processing systems
- Authorize and issue licences, permits, registration papers, reimbursements or other material after requesting documents have been processed and approved
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and order supplies as required
- Prepare reports and presentations and provide information to staff and general public regarding company and program rules, regulations and procedures
- Assist in the co-ordination of administrative procedures such as budget submissions, contracts administration and work schedules
- May be responsible for some accounting tasks
- May organize and co-ordinate flow of work for general office clerks and data entry clerks.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Outlook & Prospects for Administrative Clerks in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Alberta.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A|
|Banff--Jasper--Rocky Mountain House Region||N/A||N/A|
|Edmonton Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-06-06|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
|Red Deer Region||N/A||N/A|
|Wood Buffalo--Cold Lake Region||N/A||N/A|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- November 2013 | (PDF, 534 KB)
- October 2013 | (PDF, 657 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 235 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 438 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 487 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 445 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 240 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 294 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 437 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 241 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 435 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 227 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- The Canadian Association of Drilling Contractors projects a decrease of well drills next year. However, the association projects that the number of rig operating days will increase in 2014, due to the increasing complexity and time to complete each well.
- The City of Lethbridge has renewed a three-year snow clearing contract with a local company, All Seasons Excavating Co. Ltd.
- MCL Waste Systems is planning a $22M waste processing and recycling facility for Drayton Valley. The project, which has already received $10M from the Alberta carbon tax fund, plans to produce a pelleted end product that can be used for energy production.
- The Government of Alberta has opened the new $42M Central Alberta Cancer Centre in Red Deer. The new facility, adjoined to the Red Deer Regional Hospital, offers increased clinical space, additional treatment rooms and outpatient counselling services.
- Rogers Communications Inc. is opening a new data centre in Calgary in January 2014, and expanding it's Edmonton facility. The centres provide specialized data services for the business-to-business market, where Rogers sees a significant growth opportunity in Western Canada.
- Suncor Energy Inc. is proceeding with the development of the $13.5B Fort Hills oil sand project north of Fort McMurray. The mine is expected to be producing oil by late 2017.
- Royal Dutch Shell is proceeding with its Carmon Creek oil sand development. The project is expected to produce oil for more than 35 years, and employ at least 1,000 local contractors and trades-workers during the peak of construction.
- The University of Alberta is facing a $56M funding shortfall for 2014-2015 L¿Université d¿Alberta fait face à un déficit de financement de 56 M$ pour 2014-2015
- Newmark Knight Frank Devencore, a major commercial real-estate brokerage, has recently opened an office in Edmonton
- Stewart Weir, a Sherwood Park-based engineering and surveying company, was recently purchased by Opus International Consultants for $50M
- Date Modified: