Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Desktop publishing operators use computers to enter copy into a typesetting system or operate typesetting output equipment to produce text that is ready to print. They are employed by firms that specialize in typesetting, commercial printing companies, publishing and printing companies and various establishments in the public and private sectors that have in-house printing departments. This unit group also includes markup persons and pre-flight operators.
Braille keyboard operator, compositor – typesetting, computer typesetter, copy marker – typesetting, desktop compositor, desktop publishing (DTP) operator, file preparation operator, input operator – typesetting, markup person, output operator – typesetting, phototypesetter operator, pre-flight operator – printing, typographer.
- Desktop publishing operators operate desktop publishing software and equipment to design, lay out and produce camera-ready copy and may perform pre-flight operator duties.
- Markup persons mark copy with computer codes and typographic instructions before it is typeset.
- Typesetting input operators input copy, codes or commands and subsequent corrections into typesetting device or system; operate media conversion equipment to process and format copy transmitted through telecommunications.
- Typesetting output operators operate and tend typesetting output devices, load and process photosensitive material and perform routine maintenance.
- Pre-flight operators use computer software to confirm cost estimates, evaluate composition of orders, assess graphic images, and check fonts and other details to ensure that customers' files are complete before going to print.
- File preparation operators operate computers, image setters and digital proofers to transfer output or data to hard copy form.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Jobs for Desktop Publishing Operators and Related Occupations in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
0 jobsAthabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region Local
0 jobsAlberta Provincial
7 jobsCanada National
There are currently no job offers available in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: