Explore Careers - Job Market Report
General office clerks prepare correspondence, reports, statements and other material, operate office equipment, answer telephones and perform clerical duties of a general nature according to established procedures. They are employed in offices throughout the public and private sectors.
- Key in, edit, proofread and finalize correspondence, reports, statements, invoices, forms, presentations and other documents, from notes or dictaphone, using computers
- Respond to telephone, in person or electronic enquiries or forward to appropriate person
- Provide general information to clients and the public
- Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
- Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically
- Send and receive messages and documents using fax machine or electronic mail
- May perform bookkeeping tasks such as preparing invoices and bank deposits
- May sort, process and verify applications, receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents
- May order office supplies, service office equipment and arrange for servicing in the case of major repairs.
Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Barrhead, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Falher, Fox Creek, Grande Cache, Grimshaw, High Level, High Prairie, Manning, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Sexsmith, Slave Lake, Spirit River, Swan Hills, Valleyview, Wembley, Westlock, Whitecourt
Outlook & Prospects for General Office Clerks in Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||<Not assigned>||0001-01-01|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Daycare in Peace River is short on spaces and employees
- The City of Grande Prairie is spending $700,000 to upgrade the Muskoseepi Park Pavilion
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Grande Prairie Regional College will host a career expo on April 30
- New Horizon Co-operative will be opening two new gas stations this year
- Grande Prairie Regional College recently laid off 27 employees
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Portage College in Lac La Biche will lay off 15 people. The school will also close its campus in Vegreville and halve the size of the Bonnyville campus.
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Eaglesham school, located 128-km northeast of Grande Prairie, is at risk of losing its senior high grades due to decreasing enrolment
- Construction work on highway 43, between Edmonton and Grande Prairie, to resume in a few weeks
- Date Modified: