Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Labourers in this unit group perform material handling, clean-up, packaging and other elemental activities related to food, beverage and tobacco processing. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, meat plants, breweries and other food, beverage and tobacco processing plants.
bottle washer, brewery labourer, cigarette packer, dairy helper, food processing labourer, meat packager, potato chip sorter, production helper.
- Transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials throughout plant and warehouse manually, or with powered equipment
- Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines or mobile tank trucks
- Feed flattened boxes into forming machines to construct containers
- Remove filled containers from conveyors and manually pack goods into bags, boxes or other containers
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Feed and unload tobacco processing machines
- Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties.
Outlook & Prospects for Labourers in Food, Beverage and Tobacco Processing in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||2011-06-13|
Employment opportunities for this occupation continue to be good due to the number and diversity of food and beverage products and processing companies, and the number of job opportunities made available when workers change employers or retire.
Changes in this occupation are requiring higher levels of reading and writing skills and a greater emphasis on continued learning of new technologies.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 04 – Jun 08, 2012
Week of May 21 – May 25, 2012
- Date Modified: