Local Employment Requirements
- Grade 12 or GED (General Education Development) is normally required.
- A neat and orderly appearance is an important employment requirement during both the interview and employment.
- Reliable transportation.
- Steel-toed boots.
- An employment history with physically repetitive work, a mechanical aptitude or interest, safety training and computer skills are assets.
- Additional information for foreign trained workers may be found at the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials: http://www.cicic.ca
Local Skills Requirements
Major skills, including essential skills, employers look for in this occupation are:
- Communication skills
- Ability to learn new technology
- Mechanical aptitude
- Manual dexterity
- Strength to lift up to 27 kg
- Safe work habits.
There are often specific abilities, aptitudes and knowledge that are prerequisites to obtain employment in an occupation.
Most employers who advertise are looking for workers who have the following experience and skills:
No experience required, training will be provided.
Clean work areas and equipment. Manually pack goods into bags and boxes or other containers. Check products and packaging for basic quality defects.
Food safety/handling skills.
Detailed profiles, requirements and application and admissions information.
- CEGEPs, Colleges and Universities
Find the school that best suits your needs.
Information on scholarships, bursaries, grants, and other forms of financial assistance.
Please follow the EdInfo link below to find training opportunities in Alberta related to this occupation.