Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Binding and finishing machine operators set up, operate or oversee the operation of specific machines, equipment or computerized units that bind and finish printed material. Workers who perform finishing operations in the paper, carton and packaging industries, as well as those who encode and stamp plastic cards, are included in this unit group. They are employed by binderies, commercial printing companies, newspapers, magazines, and other publishing companies, and establishments in both the public and private sectors that have in-house printing, binding and finishing departments.
Cerlox binder operator, binder – printing, binder and finisher, bindery operator, bookbinder, machine, bookbinding machine operator, cutter operator – printing, finishing machine operator – printing, foil stamper – printing, gathering machine set-up operator – printing, gold leaf stamper, laminating machine operator, perforator operator – printing, stitcher operator – printing.
- Binding and finishing machine operators set up and operate various specialized equipment and machines that cut, fold, gather and finish brochures, magazines, books, business forms and other printed material.
- Specialty finishing equipment operators set up and operate various specialized equipment and machines that die cut, emboss, imprint, laminate, heat stamp and perform other finishing operations on printed material.
Outlook & Prospects for Binding and Finishing Machine Operators in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites are spending $25M to build two new hotels in Red Deer. Construction is expected to begin this summer and finish by 2014.
- The Medicine River Wildlife Centre is starting construction on a new education centre and wildlife hospital; it is expected to be completed by 2014.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Ponoka Agricultural Event Centre Society has received $50,000 in funding to developing the Calnash Ag Event Centre
- Infrastructure contracts have been awarded to Al-Terra Engineering and Border Paving for work in the Town of Sylvan Lake
- Red Deer College is planning to reduced programs and staff as a result of a budget deficit for the upcoming school year
- The Town of Innisfail will begin Phase 2 of its downtown revitalization project on May 6, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Residential development with 700 units proceeding in Sylvan Lake
- Slumland Theatre, a downtown music venue for teens in Red Deer, is closing at the end June 2013
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Date Modified: