Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes supervisors, not elsewhere classified, who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who assemble, fabricate and inspect a variety of products, such as jewellery, clocks and watches, millwork, sporting goods, toys and other miscellaneous products. They are employed in a wide variety of manufacturing companies.
foreman/woman, bicycle assembly, foreman/woman, clock and watch assembly, foreman/woman, jewellery manufacturing, foreman/woman, millwork assembly, supervisor, millwork assembly, supervisor, silverware manufacturing, supervisor, sports equipment assembly, supervisor, toy manufacturing.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of workers who assemble, fabricate and inspect products, such as jewellery, clocks, watches, bicycles, millwork, sporting goods and toys
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machinery and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Other Products Manufacturing and Assembly in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites are spending $25M to build two new hotels in Red Deer. Construction is expected to begin this summer and finish by 2014.
- The Medicine River Wildlife Centre is starting construction on a new education centre and wildlife hospital; it is expected to be completed by 2014.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Ponoka Agricultural Event Centre Society has received $50,000 in funding to developing the Calnash Ag Event Centre
- Infrastructure contracts have been awarded to Al-Terra Engineering and Border Paving for work in the Town of Sylvan Lake
- Red Deer College is planning to reduced programs and staff as a result of a budget deficit for the upcoming school year
- The Town of Innisfail will begin Phase 2 of its downtown revitalization project on May 6, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Residential development with 700 units proceeding in Sylvan Lake
- Slumland Theatre, a downtown music venue for teens in Red Deer, is closing at the end June 2013
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Date Modified: