Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Sewing Machine Operators</i> (9451), <i>Fabric, Fur and Leather Cutters</i> (9452), <i>Hide and Pelt Processing Workers</i> (9453) and <i>Inspectors and Testers, Fabric, Fur and Leather Products Manufacturing</i> (9454). They are employed by clothing and textile manufacturers, tanneries and other manufacturers of fabric products.
boot and shoe foreman/woman, canvas products manufacturing foreman/woman, cutting department foreman/woman, fabric, embroidery supervisor – fabric products, fur dressing foreman/woman, hat and cap makers foreman/woman, sample room foreman/woman, leather products, sewing machine operators supervisor, stitching department supervisor, tannery foreman/woman.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who cut or stitch fabric, fur or leather garments and other products in the manufacturing process
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other units
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Fabric, Fur and Leather Products Manufacturing in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites are spending $25M to build two new hotels in Red Deer. Construction is expected to begin this summer and finish by 2014.
- The Medicine River Wildlife Centre is starting construction on a new education centre and wildlife hospital; it is expected to be completed by 2014.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Ponoka Agricultural Event Centre Society has received $50,000 in funding to developing the Calnash Ag Event Centre
- Infrastructure contracts have been awarded to Al-Terra Engineering and Border Paving for work in the Town of Sylvan Lake
- Red Deer College is planning to reduced programs and staff as a result of a budget deficit for the upcoming school year
- The Town of Innisfail will begin Phase 2 of its downtown revitalization project on May 6, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Residential development with 700 units proceeding in Sylvan Lake
- Slumland Theatre, a downtown music venue for teens in Red Deer, is closing at the end June 2013
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Date Modified: