Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Sewing Machine Operators</i> (9451), <i>Fabric, Fur and Leather Cutters</i> (9452), <i>Hide and Pelt Processing Workers</i> (9453) and <i>Inspectors and Testers, Fabric, Fur and Leather Products Manufacturing</i> (9454). They are employed by clothing and textile manufacturers, tanneries and other manufacturers of fabric products.
boot and shoe foreman/woman, canvas products manufacturing foreman/woman, cutting department foreman/woman, fabric, embroidery supervisor – fabric products, fur dressing foreman/woman, hat and cap makers foreman/woman, sample room foreman/woman, leather products, sewing machine operators supervisor, stitching department supervisor, tannery foreman/woman.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who cut or stitch fabric, fur or leather garments and other products in the manufacturing process
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other units
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports.
Wages for Supervisors, Fabric, Fur and Leather Products Manufacturing in Red Deer Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Red Deer Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: