Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Farm supervisors supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers and perform general farm duties. Specialized livestock workers carry out feeding, health and breeding programs on dairy, beef, sheep, poultry and hog farms and may also supervise general farm workers and harvesting labourers.
cattle herdsperson, dairy herdsperson, farm foreman/woman, farm supervisor, feedlot foreman/woman, hog operation supervisor, horse trainer, poultry farm foreman/woman, ranch foreman/woman, swine herdsperson, vegetable farm foreman/woman.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers
- Supervise breeding programs and harvest operations
- Develop work schedules and establish procedures
- Maintain quality control and production records
- Perform general farm duties.
Specialized livestock workers perform some or all of the following duties:
Farm supervisors may specialize in dairy, poultry, swine, beef, sheep, fruit, vegetable, mixed, specialty and equine farms.
- Formulate a feeding program
- Maintain livestock performance records
- Carry out a pasture or pen breeding program
- Recognize and treat certain livestock health problems
- Train horses
- Perform general farm duties
- May supervise general farm workers and harvesting labourers.
Specialized livestock workers usually specialize in one type of farm animal, such as beef cattle, dairy cattle or swine.
Jobs for Farm Supervisors and Specialized Livestock Workers in Red Deer Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 1 job postings in Red Deer Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-06-06||Hog farm workers supervisor (Finishing barn)||1443429 Alberta Ltd/van Aar Hog Farm||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: