Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Railway and motor transport labourers perform a variety of tasks to assist track maintenance workers and railway yard workers, or motor transport operators. They are employed by railway transport companies and motor transport companies.
car checker, railway, delivery truck helper, furniture mover helper, mover helper, railway labourer, signal gang helper, swamper – truck transport, truck driver helper.
- Transport tools and equipment on push or hand car and perform other duties to assist railway track maintenance workers to lay, maintain and repair railway tracks
- Cut vegetation growth from railway tracks using scythes and mowers
- Check freight cars for physical damage and cleanliness.
- Assist truck and delivery drivers to load and unload vehicles
- Perform labouring duties in warehouses.
Outlook & Prospects for Railway and Motor Transport Labourers in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- The Government of Alberta has opened the new $42M Central Alberta Cancer Centre in Red Deer. The new facility, adjoined to the Red Deer Regional Hospital, offers increased clinical space, additional treatment rooms and outpatient counselling services.
- Construction of a new $5.5M strip mall in Penhold has been announced, with a completion date of early next year
- Nordstrom Dental is opening a new practice in Rimbey in early 2014. The clinic will have four full-time employees on opening, with the potential for an additional six employees.
- AlbertWorks is sponsoring a career and job fair in Red Deer on September 4, 2013
- Central City Asphalt Ltd. has been awarded a $1.7M contract for paving projects in Red Deer County in 2013
- Gibson Energy is hiring up to eight employees for a new rail loading site in Rimbey. The company is proceeding with construction and expects the site to be operational by August 1, 2013.
- Date Modified: