Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Shoe repairers repair footwear and shoemakers make specialized and custom shoes and boots. They are employed in shoe repair shops or custom shoemaking establishments, or they may be self-employed.
- Discuss type of footwear to be made and obtain measurements from customer
- Select patterns and leather or other material and outline and cut patterns
- Select or assemble lasts, fasten insoles to lasts and sew or glue other parts into place
- Trim, dress and otherwise finish boots or shoes
- Estimate custom footwear costs and receive payment from customers
- May supervise other shoemakers and shoe repairers.
- Repair soles, heels and other parts of footwear using sewing, buffing and other shoe repair machines, materials and equipment
- Repair belts, luggage, purses and similar products
- Estimate footwear repair costs and take payment.
Wages for Shoe Repairers and Shoemakers in Red Deer Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: