Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who conduct private investigations for clients or employers, implement security measures to protect property against theft and fire and provide other protective services not elsewhere classified. They are employed by security and investigation service companies, hotels, retail establishments, businesses and industry, or they may be self-employed.
alarm investigator, corporate security officer, house detective, postal inspection officer, private investigator, retail loss prevention officer, security officer, private, store detective, theft prevention officer.
- Corporate security officers investigate unlawful acts of employees or patrons of establishments and recommend security systems such as electronic detection devices and access devices.
- Private investigators conduct investigations to locate missing persons and obtain information for use in civil and criminal litigation matters or for other purposes; they may also conduct polygraph tests (integrity surveys) for clients.
- Retail loss prevention officers prevent and detect shoplifting and theft in retail establishments.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Protective Service Occupations in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites are spending $25M to build two new hotels in Red Deer. Construction is expected to begin this summer and finish by 2014.
- The Medicine River Wildlife Centre is starting construction on a new education centre and wildlife hospital; it is expected to be completed by 2014.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Ponoka Agricultural Event Centre Society has received $50,000 in funding to developing the Calnash Ag Event Centre
- Infrastructure contracts have been awarded to Al-Terra Engineering and Border Paving for work in the Town of Sylvan Lake
- Red Deer College is planning to reduced programs and staff as a result of a budget deficit for the upcoming school year
- The Town of Innisfail will begin Phase 2 of its downtown revitalization project on May 6, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Residential development with 700 units proceeding in Sylvan Lake
- Slumland Theatre, a downtown music venue for teens in Red Deer, is closing at the end June 2013
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Date Modified: