Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who conduct private investigations for clients or employers, implement security measures to protect property against theft and fire and provide other protective services not elsewhere classified. They are employed by security and investigation service companies, hotels, retail establishments, businesses and industry, or they may be self-employed.
alarm investigator, corporate security officer, house detective, postal inspection officer, private investigator, retail loss prevention officer, security officer, private, store detective, theft prevention officer.
- Corporate security officers investigate unlawful acts of employees or patrons of establishments and recommend security systems such as electronic detection devices and access devices.
- Private investigators conduct investigations to locate missing persons and obtain information for use in civil and criminal litigation matters or for other purposes; they may also conduct polygraph tests (integrity surveys) for clients.
- Retail loss prevention officers prevent and detect shoplifting and theft in retail establishments.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Protective Service Occupations in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- The Government of Alberta has opened the new $42M Central Alberta Cancer Centre in Red Deer. The new facility, adjoined to the Red Deer Regional Hospital, offers increased clinical space, additional treatment rooms and outpatient counselling services.
- Construction of a new $5.5M strip mall in Penhold has been announced, with a completion date of early next year
- Nordstrom Dental is opening a new practice in Rimbey in early 2014. The clinic will have four full-time employees on opening, with the potential for an additional six employees.
- AlbertWorks is sponsoring a career and job fair in Red Deer on September 4, 2013
- Central City Asphalt Ltd. has been awarded a $1.7M contract for paving projects in Red Deer County in 2013
- Gibson Energy is hiring up to eight employees for a new rail loading site in Rimbey. The company is proceeding with construction and expects the site to be operational by August 1, 2013.
- Date Modified: