Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who perform support duties related to broadcasting and to the production of motion pictures and the performing arts. They are employed by television and radio stations and networks, recording studios, motion picture and video production companies and by theatre and stage companies. This unit group also includes projectionists employed by IMAX or automated cinemas and drive-in theatres.
boom grip, camera crane operator, dresser, grip, lighting assistant, projectionist, prompter, props person, script assistant, set builder, set dresser, special effects assistant, spotlight operator.
- Camera crane operators set up, assemble, adjust, maintain and replace reels and projector equipment; detect and repair mechanical and electrical problems; and change and install an electronic control panel using automated equipment.
- Motion picture projectionists check the condition of the copy; set up and load film reels on movie and drive-in theatre projection systems, adjust focus, sound levels and other projector and theatre settings, and maintain projection equipment.
- Props persons and set builders assemble, repair, place, build and oversee props.
- Script assistants distribute scripts to actors, keep detailed notes of all actions, positions and camera angles and photograph and date scenes.
- Grips and riggers rig, place, move and dismantle sets, backdrops, scenery and other stage equipment.
- Dressers clean, maintain, transport and store costumes, and assist performers to dress in costumes.
Wages for Support Occupations in Motion Pictures, Broadcasting and the Performing Arts in Red Deer Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: