Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who survey and assess landscapes; draw sketches and build models of landscape designs; construct and maintain gardens, parks, golf courses and other landscaped environments; advise clients on issues related to horticulture; breed, cultivate and study plants; and treat injured and diseased trees and plants. They are employed by landscape designers and contractors, lawn service and tree care establishments, golf courses, nurseries and greenhouses, and municipal, provincial and national parks, or they may be self-employed.
arborist, golf course superintendent, greenskeeper, horticultural technician, horticulture specialist, horticulturist, hydroponics technician, landscape architectural technician, landscape designer, landscape gardener, landscape technician, landscaper, lawn care specialist, tree service technician.
- Arborists and tree service technicians examine trees and shrubs to diagnose problems and disease, and apply various treatments such as pruning, spraying, repairing damaged areas and injecting with treatment solutions.
- Golf course superintendents direct crews who maintain the health and appearance of golf courses and their surrounding landscapes, plant and move trees, and apply fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides.
- Horticulturists plan and co-ordinate the growth and use of plants for landscaping, ornamental uses and other purposes.
- Landscape designers and landscape architectural technicians and technologists survey and assess sites, prepare drawings, sketches and reports and perform other duties to assist landscape architects in designing landscaped environments.
- Landscape gardeners plant and maintain private and public lawns and gardens.
- Landscapers plan and construct landscaped environments which may include trees, shrubberies, lawns, fences, decks, patios and other landscape structures.
- Lawn care specialists visit clients, assess the health of lawns, and apply fertilizer, pesticides and other lawn care products.
Jobs for Landscape and Horticulture Technicians and Specialists in Red Deer Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 1 job postings in Red Deer Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-11-27||landscape architectural technologist||STANTEC CONSULTING||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: