Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Engineering managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of an engineering department, service or firm. They are employed by a wide range of private sector and government establishments and by consulting engineering and scientific research companies.
director, engineering research and development, electrical engineering service manager, engineering department manager, engineering manager, manager, telecommunications engineering service, production engineering manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of an engineering department, service or firm
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm
- Consult and negotiate with clients to prepare specifications, explain proposals and present engineering reports and findings
- Assign, co-ordinate and review the technical work of the department or project teams
- Recruit personnel and oversee development and maintenance of staff competence in required areas
- May participate directly in the design, development and inspection of technical projects or in the engineering work of the department.
Outlook & Prospects for Engineering Managers in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- The Government of Alberta has opened the new $42M Central Alberta Cancer Centre in Red Deer. The new facility, adjoined to the Red Deer Regional Hospital, offers increased clinical space, additional treatment rooms and outpatient counselling services.
- Construction of a new $5.5M strip mall in Penhold has been announced, with a completion date of early next year
- Nordstrom Dental is opening a new practice in Rimbey in early 2014. The clinic will have four full-time employees on opening, with the potential for an additional six employees.
- AlbertWorks is sponsoring a career and job fair in Red Deer on September 4, 2013
- Central City Asphalt Ltd. has been awarded a $1.7M contract for paving projects in Red Deer County in 2013
- Gibson Energy is hiring up to eight employees for a new rail loading site in Rimbey. The company is proceeding with construction and expects the site to be operational by August 1, 2013.
- Date Modified: