Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who assemble, fabricate, test, repair and inspect electronic parts, components and systems. They are employed in electronics manufacturing plants.
assembly supervisor, foreman/woman, electronic assembly, foreman/woman, final assembly and test, foreman/woman, printed circuit board fabrication, production supervisor – electronics manufacturing, supervisor, assembly and test, systems test foreman/woman, test supervisor.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who assemble, fabricate, inspect and test electronic and electromechanical assemblies, subassemblies, parts and components
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies and recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure safety rules and regulations are followed
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related helpers and labourers.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Electronics Manufacturing in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Craton Construction Inc. and Dezota Construction Inc. are hiring for the Blackspring Ridge Wind Power Project in southern Alberta
- The Canadian Pheasant Company, in Brooks, is cutting hatchery production for 2013 and laying off approximately 12 employees. The facility will permanently close when all of its inventory is sold.
- Denny's will be hiring up to 40 employees by the end of June 2013 for its new restaurant in Brooks
- Alberta Transportation is spending $8.8M for highway upgrades between Lethbridge and Coaldale over the summer
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt opened at Park Place Mall in Lethbridge on April 13, 2013
- South Rock Ltd. is to begin construction of the Dunmore Road overpass in Medicine Hat on April 29, 2013
- Ground breaking for the new Quad Ball Diamond Facility in Brooks occurred on April 15, 2013
- The Municipal District of Willow Creek has received funding for construction of a wireless internet tower
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- EDF EN Canada will begin construction on a $600M wind farm in southern Alberta. The projected is expected to be complete by mid-2014 and will create 250 construction jobs.
- Tollestrup Construction (2005) Ltd. has been awarded a $1.3M contract for road construction and underground utilities in Lethbridge
- Platinum Communications Corp. is expanding wireless infrastructure in southern Alberta
- Auto racing planned for the Fort Macleod Aerodrome from April to October 2013
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- The Government of Canada, through the Skills Link program, is providing over $556,000 to the Medicine Hat YMCA to help youth overcome barriers to employment
- Taber and Vauxhall airports receive funding for upgrades from the Community Infrastructure Improvement Fund
- Medicine Hat in line for a new $7.1M residential detox facility by 2014
- Alvin Reinhard Fritz Architect Inc. has been awarded a $1.7M contract for the City of Lethbridge police station expansion
- Apex Power and Automation Ltd. has been awarded a $1.4M contract for electrical upgrades at the Lethbridge Exhibition
- Amron Construction of Redcliff will be building a new $2.2M fuel depot for the City of Lethbridge
- The City of Lethbridge, Telus, and Shaw are spending $7.4M to replace underground power lines in the city
- McNally Construction Ltd. is supplying $2.1M worth of asphalt to the City of Lethbridge in 2013
- Date Modified: