Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This occupational group includes aquaculture support workers, marine plant gatherers, shellfish diggers and other labourers in aquaculture and fishing. Aquaculture support workers are employed by public or private fish hatcheries and commercial aquatic farms. Marine plant gatherers and shellfish harvesters may be self-employed.
aquaculture support worker, clam digger, dulse gatherer, fish farm helper, fish tagger, fry marker, marine plant gatherer, oyster picker, sea farm attendant, seaweed gatherer, shellfish harvester.
- Assist aquaculture technicians in operation of a fish hatchery or other aquatic farm
- Feed aquaculture stocks, vaccinate stocks, perform culling and marking or banding techniques and report any observed irregularities in stock
- Operate, maintain and clean pumps, filters, tanks and other aquaculture equipment and clean and maintain aquaculture enclosures
- Keep daily records of water flow and fish samples
- Grade and weigh aquaculture stocks
- Prepare aquaculture stocks for market
- Operate boats, if necessary, in marine aquaculture operations.
- Rake seaweed, dulse or Irish moss from beach, rocks or shallow water and load into a cart, wagon or other receptacles
- Spread gatherings to dry and remove foreign objects
- Transport gatherings to processing plant.
- Dig clams from beds with spade, fork or other instrument, or pick oysters
- Clean, sort and transport shellfish to market.
Jobs for Aquaculture and Marine Harvest Labourers in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: