Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Chain saw and skidder operators operate chain saws to fell, delimb and buck trees, and operate skidders to move or yard the felled trees from the logging site to the landing area for processing and transportation. They are employed by logging companies and contractors.
bucker, chain saw operator, faller, feller, forest worker – logging, grapple skidder operator, landingman/woman, pieceworker – logging, skidder operator.
- Operate chain saw to fell, delimb and buck trees at the logging site and loading area
- Operate cable, or grapple skidder to move or yard the felled trees from the logging site to the landing area for processing and transportation
- Assess site, terrain and weather conditions before felling and yarding trees
- May work as member of a team rotating between chain saw operation and skidder operation
- May maintain and perform minor repairs on skidders, chain saws and other equipment.
Wages for Chain Saw and Skidder Operators in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: