Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Labourers</i> (8612) and <i>Nursery and Greenhouse Workers</i> (8432). They are employed by landscaping companies, cemeteries, lawn care and tree service companies, nurseries and greenhouses, and by landscaping departments of government and private establishments.
cemetery foreman/woman, greenhouse supervisor, groundskeeping supervisor, horticulture workers supervisor, landscaping foreman/woman, nursery foreman/woman, park caretaker, park supervisor, grounds maintenance, supervisor, nursery workers, supervisor, park labourers.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who perform the following duties: maintain lawns, gardens, athletic fields, golf courses, cemeteries, parks, interior plantscapes and other landscaped areas; spread topsoil and lay sod; spray, prune, cut and remove trees and shrubs; construct landscape and landscape structures; and plant, cultivate and harvest trees, shrubs, flowers and plants
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Landscape and Horticulture in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Craton Construction Inc. and Dezota Construction Inc. are hiring for the Blackspring Ridge Wind Power Project in southern Alberta
- The Canadian Pheasant Company, in Brooks, is cutting hatchery production for 2013 and laying off approximately 12 employees. The facility will permanently close when all of its inventory is sold.
- Denny's will be hiring up to 40 employees by the end of June 2013 for its new restaurant in Brooks
- Alberta Transportation is spending $8.8M for highway upgrades between Lethbridge and Coaldale over the summer
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt opened at Park Place Mall in Lethbridge on April 13, 2013
- South Rock Ltd. is to begin construction of the Dunmore Road overpass in Medicine Hat on April 29, 2013
- Ground breaking for the new Quad Ball Diamond Facility in Brooks occurred on April 15, 2013
- The Municipal District of Willow Creek has received funding for construction of a wireless internet tower
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- EDF EN Canada will begin construction on a $600M wind farm in southern Alberta. The projected is expected to be complete by mid-2014 and will create 250 construction jobs.
- Tollestrup Construction (2005) Ltd. has been awarded a $1.3M contract for road construction and underground utilities in Lethbridge
- Platinum Communications Corp. is expanding wireless infrastructure in southern Alberta
- Auto racing planned for the Fort Macleod Aerodrome from April to October 2013
- Date Modified: