Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Labourers</i> (8612) and <i>Nursery and Greenhouse Workers</i> (8432). They are employed by landscaping companies, cemeteries, lawn care and tree service companies, nurseries and greenhouses, and by landscaping departments of government and private establishments.
cemetery foreman/woman, greenhouse supervisor, groundskeeping supervisor, horticulture workers supervisor, landscaping foreman/woman, nursery foreman/woman, park caretaker, park supervisor, grounds maintenance, supervisor, nursery workers, supervisor, park labourers.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who perform the following duties: maintain lawns, gardens, athletic fields, golf courses, cemeteries, parks, interior plantscapes and other landscaped areas; spread topsoil and lay sod; spray, prune, cut and remove trees and shrubs; construct landscape and landscape structures; and plant, cultivate and harvest trees, shrubs, flowers and plants
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Landscape and Horticulture in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 24 - Feb 28, 2014
- The City of Lethbridge has approved a new pool basin and change rooms for the Henderson Lake Outdoor Swimming Pool. Construction is scheduled to start in August 2014 and be complete in 2015.
- Classic Construction is planning to begin construction in May 2014 on a skywalk connecting Chinook Village and Norwood Grande in Medicine Hat
- The Municipal District of Willow Creek has rezoned a parcel of land northwest of Nanton, allowing for the development of a proposed gravel pit operation
- A new day-procedures unit at the Chinook Regional Hospital in Lethbridge has doubled the available operating space, increased the number of recovery beds and created a separate registration area
- The Kinship Park in Coaldale is slated for improvements and additions as a result of fundraising efforts by the local Kinsmen's Club
- IKEA, the Swedish furniture maker, is set to purchase the Alberta Wind Energy Corp. facility near Pincher Creek, when it comes online in August 2014
- Sport-Chek is hiring 15 full and part-time staff at the new location in Medicine Hat, opening by April 2014. GoodLife Fitness Club will also open a co-ed fitness facility at the same site soon.
- NaturEner has amended its Wild Rose 1 wind energy project south of Walsh, reducing the number of towers but installing more powerful turbines. The company anticipates awarding a contract by February 28, 2014 with construction starting in late 2014.
- Alberta Heat and Power LLC has filed an application with the Alberta Utilities Commission to construct a natural-gas fired electrical generating plant at the JBS Food Canada facility at Brooks, pending public input and review of the application
- The Government of Alberta has announced that a new Catholic elementary school will be built in Lethbridge, but no timeline was released for the construction
- The University of Lethbridge has launched the Canadian Centre for Research in Advanced Fluorine Technologies as a research hub for scientists, students and industry
- Date Modified: