Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Workers in this unit group assist ship engineer officers to operate, maintain and repair engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment aboard ships or self-propelled vessels. They are employed by marine transportation companies and federal government departments including the armed forces.
engine room crew, ship, greaser, engine room, marine engine oiler, marine engineering mechanic – military, ship boiler tender, ship stoker.
- Assist ship engineer officers in performing routine maintenance work and repair to ship's engine, machinery and auxiliary equipment
- Monitor engine, machinery and equipment indicators, record variables and report abnormalities to ship engineer officer on watch
- Lubricate moving parts of engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment
- Operate and maintain off-loading liquid pumps and valves
- Clean engine parts and keep engine room clean.
Wages for Engine Room Crew, Water Transport in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: