Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Retail salespersons and sales clerks sell, rent or lease a range of technical and non-technical goods and services directly to consumers. They are employed by stores and other retail businesses, as well as wholesale businesses that sell on a retail basis to the public.
audio equipment salesperson, automobile salesperson, car rental agent, clothing salesperson, computer salesperson – retail, counter clerk – retail, department store clerk, furniture salesperson, hardware store clerk, jewellery salesperson, retail sales associate, retail sales clerk, retail salesperson.
- Greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental or lease
- Advise customers on use and care of merchandise, and provide advice concerning specialized products or services
- Estimate or quote prices, credit terms, trade-in allowances, warranties and delivery dates
- Prepare merchandise for purchase, rental or lease
- Prepare sales, rental or leasing contracts and accept cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit payment
- Assist in display of merchandise
- Maintain sales records for inventory control
- Operate computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
- May conduct sales transactions through Internet-based electronic commerce.
Retail salespersons may specialize and act as consultants in interior decorating, home entertainment systems, computers and other products and services.
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Salespersons and Sales Clerks in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- Catholic Charities is closing its clothes bank store in Lethbridge on March 31, 2013. The closure will result in job loss for 15 employees.
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
- Loblaws Company Ltd. is planning to open a discount supermarket, No Frills, in Lethbridge
- Date Modified: