Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Instructors in this unit group teach courses, such as motor vehicle or motorcycle driving, sewing or other courses, which are outside of educational institutions and not job-related. They are employed by driving schools, fabric retailers and other commercial establishments or they may be self-employed. This unit group also includes driver's licence examiners, who are employed by provincial governments, and tutors who provide instruction in elementary or secondary school subjects.
driver's licence examiner, driving instructor, instructor, modelling and finishing school, motorcycle driving instructor, sewing instructor – non-vocational.
- Driving instructors instruct individuals on proper motor vehicle driving skills and traffic regulations, demonstrate and explain the handling and mechanical operation of motor vehicles and supervise individuals during practice driving.
- Driver's licence examiners conduct road test examinations and evaluate the driving ability of applicants for driver's licences.
- Sewing instructors give instruction to students in techniques and skills of sewing, tailoring and dressmaking.
- Modelling and finishing school instructors give instruction on comportment, personal development, make-up application and modelling techniques for fashion shows and magazine advertising.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Instructors in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- The Government of Canada, through the Skills Link program, is providing over $556,000 to the Medicine Hat YMCA to help youth overcome barriers to employment
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
Week of Feb 18 – Feb 22, 2013
- Community Employment Services will close their office in Medicine Hat on February 28, 2013. The closure will affect 9 employees.
- Being Human Services has hired three full-time staff and will be working with independent contractors to deliver a transition to employment program in Medicine Hat.
Week of Nov 19 – Nov 23, 2012
- The Taber & District Community Adult Learning Association is receiving over $137,000 from the Skills Link program to help youth overcome barriers to employment
- Date Modified: