Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Dental technologists and technicians design, prepare and fabricate dentures and dental devices as prescribed by dentists and other specialists. Dental laboratory bench workers assist dental technologists and technicians in preparing and fabricating dentures and other dental devices. They are employed in dental laboratories. Supervisors of dental technologists and technicians are also included in this unit group.
ceramic denture moulder, dental laboratory bench worker, dental technician, dental technician supervisor, dental technologist, denture finisher, denture wax pattern former, orthodontic band maker, registered dental technician, registered dental technologist.
- Design, fabricate or repair dental devices including full or partial dentures, crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, clasps and bands, and implants
- May consult with dentists or other specialists on problematic dental cases
- May train and supervise other dental technicians or dental laboratory bench workers in fabricating dentures and other dental devices
- May perform supervisory and administrative functions for the dental laboratory.
- Prepare plaster models and moulds from dental impressions
- Prepare wax bite-blocks and impression trays
- Cast gold or metal alloys for bridges and denture bases
- Pack plastic material in moulds to form full or partial dentures
- Mould wax over denture set-up to form full contours of artificial gums
- Make orthodontic bands from gold, silver, stainless steel or other metals
- Finish metal framework of dentures and polish and buff dentures to obtain natural finish.
Outlook & Prospects for Dental Technologists, Technicians and Laboratory Bench Workers in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Craton Construction Inc. and Dezota Construction Inc. are hiring for the Blackspring Ridge Wind Power Project in southern Alberta
- The Canadian Pheasant Company, in Brooks, is cutting hatchery production for 2013 and laying off approximately 12 employees. The facility will permanently close when all of its inventory is sold.
- Denny's will be hiring up to 40 employees by the end of June 2013 for its new restaurant in Brooks
- Alberta Transportation is spending $8.8M for highway upgrades between Lethbridge and Coaldale over the summer
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt opened at Park Place Mall in Lethbridge on April 13, 2013
- South Rock Ltd. is to begin construction of the Dunmore Road overpass in Medicine Hat on April 29, 2013
- Ground breaking for the new Quad Ball Diamond Facility in Brooks occurred on April 15, 2013
- The Municipal District of Willow Creek has received funding for construction of a wireless internet tower
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- EDF EN Canada will begin construction on a $600M wind farm in southern Alberta. The projected is expected to be complete by mid-2014 and will create 250 construction jobs.
- Tollestrup Construction (2005) Ltd. has been awarded a $1.3M contract for road construction and underground utilities in Lethbridge
- Platinum Communications Corp. is expanding wireless infrastructure in southern Alberta
- Auto racing planned for the Fort Macleod Aerodrome from April to October 2013
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- The Government of Canada, through the Skills Link program, is providing over $556,000 to the Medicine Hat YMCA to help youth overcome barriers to employment
- Taber and Vauxhall airports receive funding for upgrades from the Community Infrastructure Improvement Fund
- Medicine Hat in line for a new $7.1M residential detox facility by 2014
- Alvin Reinhard Fritz Architect Inc. has been awarded a $1.7M contract for the City of Lethbridge police station expansion
- Apex Power and Automation Ltd. has been awarded a $1.4M contract for electrical upgrades at the Lethbridge Exhibition
- Amron Construction of Redcliff will be building a new $2.2M fuel depot for the City of Lethbridge
- The City of Lethbridge, Telus, and Shaw are spending $7.4M to replace underground power lines in the city
- McNally Construction Ltd. is supplying $2.1M worth of asphalt to the City of Lethbridge in 2013
- Date Modified: