Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Dental technologists and technicians design, prepare and fabricate dentures and dental devices as prescribed by dentists and other specialists. Dental laboratory bench workers assist dental technologists and technicians in preparing and fabricating dentures and other dental devices. They are employed in dental laboratories. Supervisors of dental technologists and technicians are also included in this unit group.
ceramic denture moulder, dental laboratory bench worker, dental technician, dental technician supervisor, dental technologist, denture finisher, denture wax pattern former, orthodontic band maker, registered dental technician, registered dental technologist.
- Design, fabricate or repair dental devices including full or partial dentures, crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, clasps and bands, and implants
- May consult with dentists or other specialists on problematic dental cases
- May train and supervise other dental technicians or dental laboratory bench workers in fabricating dentures and other dental devices
- May perform supervisory and administrative functions for the dental laboratory.
- Prepare plaster models and moulds from dental impressions
- Prepare wax bite-blocks and impression trays
- Cast gold or metal alloys for bridges and denture bases
- Pack plastic material in moulds to form full or partial dentures
- Mould wax over denture set-up to form full contours of artificial gums
- Make orthodontic bands from gold, silver, stainless steel or other metals
- Finish metal framework of dentures and polish and buff dentures to obtain natural finish.
Jobs for Dental Technologists, Technicians and Laboratory Bench Workers in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: