Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Physiotherapists assess patients and plan and carry out individually designed treatment programs to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients. Physiotherapists are employed in hospitals, clinics, industry, sports organizations, rehabilitation centres and extended care facilities, or they may work in private practice.
- Assess patients' physical abilities through evaluative procedures such as functional ability tests
- Establish treatment goals with patients based on physical diagnoses
- Plan and implement programs of physiotherapy including therapeutic exercise, manipulations, massage, education, the use of electro-therapeutic and other mechanical equipment and hydro-therapy
- Evaluate effectiveness of treatment plans and modify accordingly
- Communicate with referring physician and other healthcare professionals regarding patients' problems, needs and progress
- Maintain clinical and statistical records and confer with other health care professionals
- Develop and implement health promotion programs for patients, staff and the community
- May conduct research in physiotherapy
- May provide consulting or education services.
Physiotherapists may focus their practice in particular clinical areas such as neurology, oncology, rheumatology, orthopedics, obstetrics, pediatrics, geriatrics, in the treatment of patients with cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary disorders, burns or sports injuries or in the field of ergonomics.
Jobs for Physiotherapists in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: