Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Personnel clerks assist personnel officers and human resources specialists and compile, maintain and process information relating to staffing, recruitment, training, labour relations, performance evaluations and classifications. They are employed in personnel departments throughout the private and public sectors.
classification clerk – human resources, employment clerk, human resources assistant, human resources clerk, labour relations clerk, personnel services clerk, staffing clerk, training clerk.
- Process, verify and register documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations and classifications
- Maintain and update manual and computerized filing and registration systems, and compile and prepare reports and documents relating to personnel activities
- Respond to telephone and written enquiries from staff and the general public regarding personnel matters
- Arrange for advertising or posting of job vacancies, assist in screening and rating of job applicants, and conduct reference checks
- Administer and score employment tests, such as keyboarding and proofreading tests
- Arrange for in-house and external training activities.
Outlook & Prospects for Personnel Clerks in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 24 - Feb 28, 2014
- The City of Lethbridge has approved a new pool basin and change rooms for the Henderson Lake Outdoor Swimming Pool. Construction is scheduled to start in August 2014 and be complete in 2015.
- Classic Construction is planning to begin construction in May 2014 on a skywalk connecting Chinook Village and Norwood Grande in Medicine Hat
- The Municipal District of Willow Creek has rezoned a parcel of land northwest of Nanton, allowing for the development of a proposed gravel pit operation
- A new day-procedures unit at the Chinook Regional Hospital in Lethbridge has doubled the available operating space, increased the number of recovery beds and created a separate registration area
- The Kinship Park in Coaldale is slated for improvements and additions as a result of fundraising efforts by the local Kinsmen's Club
- IKEA, the Swedish furniture maker, is set to purchase the Alberta Wind Energy Corp. facility near Pincher Creek, when it comes online in August 2014
- Sport-Chek is hiring 15 full and part-time staff at the new location in Medicine Hat, opening by April 2014. GoodLife Fitness Club will also open a co-ed fitness facility at the same site soon.
- NaturEner has amended its Wild Rose 1 wind energy project south of Walsh, reducing the number of towers but installing more powerful turbines. The company anticipates awarding a contract by February 28, 2014 with construction starting in late 2014.
- Alberta Heat and Power LLC has filed an application with the Alberta Utilities Commission to construct a natural-gas fired electrical generating plant at the JBS Food Canada facility at Brooks, pending public input and review of the application
- The Government of Alberta has announced that a new Catholic elementary school will be built in Lethbridge, but no timeline was released for the construction
- The University of Lethbridge has launched the Canadian Centre for Research in Advanced Fluorine Technologies as a research hub for scientists, students and industry
- Date Modified: