Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Payroll clerks collect, verify and process payroll information and determine pay and benefit entitlements for employees within a department, company or other establishment. They are employed by payroll administration companies and by establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
benefits officer, pay advisor, pay and benefits administrator, pay and benefits clerk, pay clerk, payroll clerk, payroll officer, salary administration officer.
- Maintain records of employee attendance, leave and overtime to calculate pay and benefit entitlements, in Canadian and other currencies, using manual or computerized systems
- Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions such as taxes, union dues, garnishments and insurance and pension plans
- Prepare employee payments and benefit payments by cheque or electronic transfer
- Complete, verify and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as pension plans, leaves, share savings, employment and medical insurance
- Prepare T4 statements and other statements
- Provide information to employees on payroll matters, benefit plans and collective agreement provisions
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts
- Prepare and balance period-end reports and reconcile issued payrolls to bank statements.
Outlook & Prospects for Payroll Clerks in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
- Date Modified: