Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Forging machine operators operate forging machines to form and shape metal into various shapes and sizes and impart desired strength, hardness or other characteristics. They are employed primarily in the fabricated metal products, machinery, and transportation equipment industries.
bending machine operator, cold drawn operator, cold press operator, forging press operator, hot press operator, manipulator operator, trip hammer operator, upsetter operator.
- Operate gas or oil fired furnaces to heat metal to proper temperature prior to forging
- Place metal pieces in furnace using hand tongs or overhead cranes and remove from furnace when colour of metal indicates proper forging temperature, or load and unload furnace with automatic conveyor
- Position heated or cold metal pieces, on die of press or other forging machinery
- Operate presses or other forging machines to perform hot or cold forging by flattening, straightening, twisting, forming, drawing, upsetting, splitting, cutting, punching, piercing, bending, coining, or other operations to shape or form metal
- Position and adjust dies on anvil of forging machinery using overhead cranes or other hoisting devices and hand tools.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Outlook & Prospects for Forging Machine Operators in Cape Breton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Cape Breton Region||2011-05-17|
Currently there is a limited chance of Forging Machine Operators finding work in the local area as there are very few if any workers in this occupation.
Although employment opportunities locally are limited, opportunities may exist in other areas of the province or in other regions of the country. People who are able to work elsewhere may want to research the opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets within Nova Scotia and across the country. The future employment outlook for Forging Machine Operators in Nova Scotia is expected to be limited over the next 5 years due to the small size of the occupation in the province.
Additional information on Forging Machine Operators (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings, statistics and other information), is available on other parts of this web site.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The federal government will contribute $1.3M to the Fortress of Louisbourg in 2013 to develop new visitor activities and promote the 300th anniversary of its founding
- The OldTriangle Irish Alehouse, based in Halifax, plans to open a location in Sydney and train up to 50 workers
- The federal government will contribute to infrastructure projects in Cape Breton, including work on community centres, fire halls, and trails
- A new biomass fuel plant in Point Tupper expected to eventually create more than 200 direct and indirect jobs will start producing electricity in May 2013
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Construction has begun on a new space for North End Building Supplies of Port Hood. The bigger space is expected to be ready in early 2014, and the business expects to add to its staff of 16.
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- East Coast Metal Fabrication, a Sydney-based company that does local fabrication as well as work for the oil, gas, mining and shipbuilding sectors, has received a loan from the federal government, which will allow it to expand production
- According to the developer of the Louisbourg Resort Golf & Spa, some work will begin on the project this construction season despite delays since it was originally announced in 2006
- The owner of GeoWash Atlantic hopes to hire additional staff this year for his mobile car wash businesses in Bedford and Sydney
- Date Modified: