Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Sewing machine operators operate sewing machines to sew fabric, fur, leather or synthetic materials to produce or repair garments and other articles. They are employed in clothing, footwear, textile products, fur products and other manufacturing establishments and by furriers.
fur sewing machine operator, leather products sewing machine operator, lining stitcher, sample maker, sample sewer, serging machine operator, sewing machine operator, shoe sewer.
- Assemble pieces of garments by matching patterns and dye lots
- Operate single, double or multi-needle serging, flat bed felling, banding and other sewing machines, to join sections of garments or other articles into finished products on a piece-work or production basis
- Operate fur sewing machines to join fur pelt strips to required size and shape and join pelts into garment sections or shells
- Operate stitching machines to sew leather parts together for leather garments, handbags, shoes and other leather articles
- Operate serging machines to sew and overcast edges of material simultaneously
- Operate tackers, pocketsetters, buttonhole makers and fusing, hemmer and other machines to perform various operations in the fabrication of garments and other articles
- Examine garments and operate sewing machines, sergers and other machines to repair garments and other articles during the manufacturing process
- Complete production reports
- May perform minor maintenance and repairs on sewing machine.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Jobs for Sewing Machine Operators in Cape Breton Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Cape Breton Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: