Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Operators in this unit group operate machines to process yarn or thread into woven, non-woven and knitted products such as cloth, lace, carpets, rope, industrial fabric, hosiery and knitted garments or to quilt and embroider fabric. This unit group also includes workers who perform activities such as reproducing patterns, drawing-in and tying warps and setting up looms. They are employed by textile companies and by garment and mattress manufacturing companies.
carpet weaver, drawer-in, drawing-in machine operator, embroidery machine operator, hosiery knitter, knitter – textiles, knitting machine operator, loom operator, mattress sewing machine operator, pinning machine operator, quilting machine operator, tufting operator, warp knitting machine tender, warp tier-in, weaver – textiles.
- Set up looms or other processing machines
- Read loom patterns and prepare loom pattern mechanisms for processing
- Operate looms to weave yarn or thread into textile fabrics or products
- Operate machines that produce twine, ropes or nets
- Operate batteries of knitting machines to produce knitted fabric, hosiery, garments or other products
- Operate carpet tufting machines, felt making needle-punch machines and other machines to produce textile products
- Operate large automatic multi-needle machines to embroider material or to sew lengths of several layers of material to make yard goods, quilts or mattress coverings
- Patrol machines and check fabrics or products for defects and to verify efficient operation
- Investigate machine stoppages
- Repair minor mechanical problems such as broken or defective needles
- Notify supervisor or repairers of mechanical malfunctions.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Jobs for Weavers, Knitters and Other Fabric-Making Occupations in Cape Breton Region
Job opportunities are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Cape Breton Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada's National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: