Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Landscaping and grounds maintenance contractors and managers plan, organize, direct and control the operations of landscaping, interior plantscaping, lawn care and tree service departments and establishments.
grounds maintenance contractor, grounds maintenance manager, interior plantscaping contractor, landscape service contractor, landscaping contractor, landscaping manager, lawn care manager, lawn maintenance contractor, tree service contractor.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the operations of landscaping, interior plantscaping, lawn care and tree service establishments
- Tender bids on contracts for landscaping and grounds maintenance work
- Plan and estimate the materials and labour requirements for individual contracts
- Organize and direct the planting and maintenance of trees, gardens, lawns, shrubs and hedges and the construction and installation of fences, decks, patios, walkways and retaining walls
- Hire and supervise staff
- Maintain financial and personnel records.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Outlook & Prospects for Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Contractors and Managers in Cape Breton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Nova Scotia.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-06-21|
|Cape Breton Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-05-16|
|Halifax Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-06-03|
|North Shore Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-06-21|
|Southern Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-09-12|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- October 2013 | (PDF, 547 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 240 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 447 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 515 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 436 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 446 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 317 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 234 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 436 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 294 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 414 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 04 - Nov 08, 2013
- Provincial government departments and two industry groups will organize a job fair in November to target workers from Blackberry, Convergys, and Xerox who lost their jobs in the information technology and customer support sectors in recent weeks. Almost 40 companies have signed up for the event.
- Blue Ocean, a Halifax-based outsourcing call centre, is seeking to fill 50 positions and may add another 50 in February.
- Xerox Corp. in Dartmouth has layed off 48 of 135 sales representatives at its call centre in Dartmouth. While it is the third major call centre layoff in the area in a month, the provincial call centre association says the sector is still strong in Nova Scotia, and other members are looking to hire affected workers.
- Convergys will close its Dartmouth call centre by December 31, 2013, affecting 130 jobs. The company says some employees may be able to apply to other Convergys operations in New Glasgow or the United States, or to work from home. The decision to close was based on the expiration of the lease, and a client¿s desire to move the work elsewhere.
- Radian6, a company located in Fredericton and Saint John is cutting approximately 67 jobs in New Brunswick. The company, which monitors social media for corporate clients, is downsizing after the parent company located in San Francisco, Salesforce.com, acquired ExactTarget, an email marketing services company. Last October, Radian6 cut 100 positions in the Maritimes and Salesforce.com announced that 200 jobs will be cut at various locations.
- Date Modified: